A community in action

Share and discuss shots from your favorite filmakas. Ask for guidance on your next project.

Moderators: admin, soumya

A community in action

Postby alecchristie on Thu May 01, 2008 12:26 am

I wanted to share the my favourite filmaka moment of last year and one which shows how an online community like this can help film making in the real world.

Last year I received some great feedback from Aliakbar Campwala for our film Funk It so we added each other as friends on filmaka. Later in the year when I needed a lot of actors for an episode of the Christie series I contacted everyone I could think of. Aliakbar came over to the studio and appeared in one of the episodes turning in a very funny performance. So a virtual meeting in an online community spilled over into real life to help the actual film making process. That is the beauty of filmaka. I'm sure loads of people have similar stories.

Alec

alecchristie

First Name: B
Last Name: C

Re: A community in action

Postby anshulj on Fri May 02, 2008 11:42 pm

oh yeah, i met up with Ali when he was in Mumbai. Now I might be helping him with a small part of his feature film. filmaka has so many seriously skilled/creative film-makers from the world over.. opens up a lot of possibilities...

anshulj

First Name: Anshul
Last Name: Joshi
Title: Slacker Videomaker
Biography: nshul Joshi was born and brought up in Mumbai. He is still in Mumbai, cos' Mumbai rocks. He worked in the IT ind ...more

Return to Filming Techniques