Need help with release forms on a live shoot...

Share and discuss shots from your favorite filmakas. Ask for guidance on your next project.

Moderators: admin, soumya

Need help with release forms on a live shoot...

Postby wesgoodlife on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:20 am

I'm doing a web show that is in the same vain as Insomniac: with Dave Alltell. I go from bar to bar having a good time and exploring the night life of Seattle. What type of release forms do I need for the people who may get caught in the camera's lens to sign? Help me please???

wesgoodlife

First Name: Wes
Last Name: Goodlife
Title: Filmaka Member
Skills: director, writer, editor, and overall one bad mofo
Biography: Actor, Editor, Director,
How did you hear about Filmaka.com: Social Network Site

Re: Need help with release forms on a live shoot...

Postby dbocaz on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:10 pm

You have a few easy options and the ideal option.

The easy option is to have them say their name on camera and stating that they have your permission to film you. You can also put a notice on the door saying that anyone entering the bar is agreeing to your release. Film the notice on the door along with an issue of the current day's newspaper. A combination of these things would be good.

The ideal is to have each person sign a release form and get their address and phone number. The thing you have to be careful of is getting people on film who are drunk, so you'd want to follow up with the people and make sure they are okay with what you use in the end. There is a documentary for HBO that got pulled because all the releases were signed while drunk.

Best of luck. Hope this helps.

dbocaz

First Name: Poco Loco Productions
Last Name: of NMSU-Grants
Title: Filmaka Member
Skills: Producer, Writer, Director, Actor, Editor
Biography: im and Doug Bocaz-Larson are Emmy Award winners who produce documentaries as well as commercials for non-profits a ...more

Return to Filming Techniques