Now accepting entries for Filmaka's next contest:
We are looking for 3-5 min. original short films that explore the theme: FRESH START.
- Enter your short film and you could win the opportunity to compete in Filmaka's Feature Film Competition.
- Thirteen finalists are judged by Filmaka's Jury of esteemed professionals.
- Filmaka's Jury selects three winning shorts.
- The three winners receive cash prizes.
We aren't looking for any particular genre or storyline, so surprise and delight us with your creativity and ingenuity.
- You have 45 days to submit a 3-5 min. short film with the theme: FRESH START.
- 3 short film entries will be selected by Filmaka executives, 6 short film entries will be selected by the participants in the competition, 2 short film entries will be selected by non-competing members, and 2 short film entries will be selected by popular vote.
Of the up to 13 films selected, Filmaka's Jury will select final three winners of the cash prizes below. The winners of the cash prizes will also automatically have the right to enter a new short film into Filmaka's Final Competition, for a chance to win the opportunity to make a fully-funded feature film in conjunction with Riverstone Pictures.
First place: $2500
Second place: $1500
Third place: $750
The competition begins November 24, 2017.
The deadline for submissions is January 14, 2018.
THE ENTRY PERIOD BEGINS AT 12:00:01 AM PACIFIC STANDARD DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME ("PST') ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2017 AND ENDS AT 11:50:50 PST ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 14, 2018. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The competition is only open to individuals who are at least 18 years of age and are members of Filmaka. Employees (and their immediate families and household members) of Filmaka, any entities responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the competition or supplying the prizes, or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated and successor companies, are not eligible to enter the competition or win a prize.
For complete Competition Terms and Conditions please go to