Adolfo Mena Cejas is a director, producer, and scriptwriter of award-winning short films that have been exhibited in several countries. He is based in New York City and works as a freelancer. As Assistant Director in theater, Adolfo worked in organizing and staging five plays for El Público Theater Company, directed by the renowned author Carlos Díaz; and with veteran director Stephen Bayly, on two plays. In relation to Art, Adolfo has worked as Cuban Art Specialist for different organizations.
The Machine (Cuba-USA, 2016-2017)
(Director, producer, scriptwriter. 10 minutes. 2017)
• Best Narrative Short Film Award (London Eye International Film Festival).
• Official Selection at HollyShorts Film Festival, NewFilmmakers LA, Artists Rise Up Los Angeles and Mammoth Film Festival (USA, California).
Be A Good Liar, Jackie Chang (Cuba, 2014)
(Director, producer, scriptwriter.12 minutes. 2014)
• Screenings at film festivals in Cuba, Mexico, Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, and
• Best Fiction, Best Sound Design, and Best Editing Awards (Almacén de la
Imagen Film Festival).
• Best Short Film of 2014 (Cinematographic Press Association of Cuba).
Nani & Tati (Cuba, 2013)
(Director, producer, scriptwriter. 20 minutes. 2013)
• Screenings at film festivals in Cuba, Brazil, and the U.S.
• Best Fiction, Best Sound Design (Young Filmmakers Film Festival, Havana).
• Best Script and Best Actress Awards (Almacén de la Imagen Film Festival).