Submit your original screenplay, pitch, or short for a UK-based feature film, to be produced by
Filmaka in conjunction with Riverstone Pictures and/or its other partners.
Original Competition dates: October 17th, 2019 to November 4th, 2019
EXTENSION: November 27th to December 4th, 2019.
Filmaka in conjunction with Riverstone Pictures and/or its other partners, is looking for feature film scripts that can be shot exclusively in the UK and can be produced for an all-in gross budget of £500,000 British Pounds. You may submit a script, pitch, or short film in any genre, keeping in mind the budget of the film. If your submission is selected to be made into a feature film, you will enter into a contract with Filmaka or the company producing the film as outlined below:
For screenplay submissions, all terms subject to signed contract:
For pitch/short film submissions, all terms subject to signed contract:
A purchase price of $25,000 USD will be paid to you, on the first day of principal photography, for all rights to the screenplay.
A single or shared card, dependent upon whether other writers are involved with the screenplay.
- A backend participation of 1% of Producer’s share.
- If your pitch or short film is selected, you will receive $1000 USD, as an option fee for 8 months. During the option period, Filmaka will hire you to write a screenplay based on your winning pitch or short film submission. You will receive an additional $8,500 USD to write a screenplay to be completed within 12 weeks. Upon payment of $8500 USD, all rights to the screenplay will then become Filmaka property subject to the following:
If Filmaka decides to use your screenplay as the basis for the feature film, then you will be entitled to:
▲ A production bonus of $15,500 USD paid on the first day of principal photography.
Opportunity to direct;
▲ A single or shared card, dependent upon whether other writers are involved with the screenplay.
▲ A backend participation of 1% of Producer’s share.
For all submissions:
- If your screenplay, pitch, or short film is selected as the winner, you will be given the opportunity to pitch yourself as the director of the movie but that is not a guarantee. It is completely subject to Filmaka and/or its partner’s decision.
About Riverstone Pictures:
- You must be the 100% copyright owner of any material submitted or have 100% of the rights to it.
- Submit any supporting material that would help us to envision the story you want to tell.
- You have to be a Filmaka member to participate in the competition.
- If by December 16th, 2019 you haven’t received a notification that your submission has been selected, then all rights to your screenplay, pitch, or short film will automatically revert back to you.
- Filmaka’s T&Cs apply.
founded in 2014, is one of the leading private financiers in the film entertainment industry. Riverstone Pictures financiers , develops, and produces film and television properties for global distribution.
This competition is open to citizens of all countries.
You can upload your submission as a .pdf, .mp4 and .zip file. In case of multiple files for same entry, Please put them in one folder, Zip it and upload the .zip file.
THE EXTENDED ENTRY PERIOD BEGINS AT 12:00:01 AM PACIFIC STANDARD DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME ("PST") ON Wednesday, November 27th, 2019 and Ends At 11:50:50PM PST on Wednesday, December 4th, 2019. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. The competition is only open to individuals who are at least 18 years of age and are members of Filmaka. Employees (and their immediate families and household members) of Filmaka, any entities responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the competition or supplying the prizes, or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated and successor companies, are not eligible to enter the competition or win a prize. For complete Competition Terms and Conditions,
please go to COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS.